Friday, May 15, 2009

Hot Tuna Meltdown


This is my first attempt at a blog. I’m not very confident that I will be very good at updating it, nor am I confident that I’ll be providing interesting and/or entertaining thoughts. Nonetheless, here are some reasons I’m blogging:

1) I need to write (a lot) each and every day in order to complete my dissertation. Though blogging is taking on more responsibility, it forces me to be an active writer and at least minimally utilize my critical thinking skills on a regular basis. Essentially, I’m thinking of blogging as mental calisthenics for some of the bigger things I need to accomplish.

2) Summer seems to be the perfect time to blog. Much fewer immediate deadlines in the real world and a lot more time for open-range thinking. I will also be teaching a course in popular culture (each day) throughout the month of June, so I hope to feed off that experience. I will likely post things on here that coincide with what is going on in my class. Hopefully my students will participate.

3) I’m somewhat narcissistic.

4) Seems like a lot of fun and not all that difficult to do. I even have some ideas and interests that others may find amusing.

I’ll try to post something new every couple days about any of the following … Ideas, insight, thoughts, theory, pop culture, revolution, people, food, fashion, insults, places, habits, hobbies, curriculum, rants, laughter, debauchery, education, politics, film, poop, humility, action, kittens, stories, culture, articles, humanity, poems, music, links, danger, manscaping, and comics.

No comments: